Conception - Monument in Time...

The Heart of the Prog/Power Movement

Moderators: Mardoch, Digital Man

Hearing Aid Man

Conception - Monument in Time...

Post by Hearing Aid Man » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:09 pm

Found a song that's new to me...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eD59SWXZtJ8

Looks like there's a boxset forthcoming.

gazinwales

Re: Conception - Monument in Time...

Post by gazinwales » Sat Feb 05, 2022 11:22 pm

Taken from the forthcoming deluxe boxset version of 'State of Deception' from Conception, due later in 2022.
Prices staring at 149UK pounds, which is just over $200 USD, going up to 1000 UKP, roughly $1,300 USD.
https://conception.bandzoogle.com/home# ... nding-shop
What a bargain....

introclaus

Post by introclaus » Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:51 am

Everything this band has done marketing wise after their comeback has been questionable to say the least; from the insane price tag on their "fan goodies", to the delays in getting product out to those who pre-ordered, etc.

That aside, this song is a winner. Absolutely awesome. Very epic in nature, especially towards the end with grandiose writing, yet fits in with the style of the previous couple of releases. Anyone ever hoping for this band to sound like "Parallel Minds" or "In Your Multitude" ever again are going home disappointed. This band found their formula with "Flow" and have continued that on their new venture.
Claus Jensen

Mardoch
Site Admin

Post by Mardoch » Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:46 am

introclaus wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:51 am
Everything this band has done marketing wise after their comeback has been questionable to say the least; from the insane price tag on their "fan goodies", to the delays in getting product out to those who pre-ordered, etc.

That aside, this song is a winner. Absolutely awesome. Very epic in nature, especially towards the end with grandiose writing, yet fits in with the style of the previous couple of releases. Anyone ever hoping for this band to sound like "Parallel Minds" or "In Your Multitude" ever again are going home disappointed. This band found their formula with "Flow" and have continued that on their new venture.
Yes, this. If they sell the new songs from the deluxe as singles I'll buy them, but I'm not buying deluxes after crowdfunding the EP and then the album as well.

gazinwales

Post by gazinwales » Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:45 pm

introclaus wrote:
Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:51 am

Yes I waited ages for the album, it came unsigned and the vinyl was warped.
I emailed them about this and never got a response, so never again.